CX-7 (2010-2012), MAZDA3/MAZDA SPEED3 (2010-2012)
- The main unit (including the screen) is in the upper part of the dash.
- Place the ignition switch in ACC position, insert a finger into the depression above the lid housing SD card of the Navigation Map data (next to the navigation display), and open it.
- Slide the notch of the inner lid sideways with your finger to open the inner lid.
- The SD card will be visible. Press in the currently inserted SD card. After pressing in the SD card, it will eject partially. Grab the card and pull it out.
- Insert the SD card all the way in and close all the lids completely.
CX-9 (2009-12), MAZDA5 (2008-10), MAZDA6 (2009-13), RX-8 (2009-11)
- The main unit is part of the audio unit.
- To eject the current disc, place the ignition switch in ACC position and press the LOAD and MAP On-Screen button.
- Insert the update disc applicable to your region.
- The main unit is under the passenger seat.
- To eject the current disc, remove the bracket, place the ignition switch in ACC position and press the EJECT button.
- Insert the update disc, then reinstall the bracket.
- The main unit is on the right side of the cargo sub-compartment under the trunk board.
- To eject the current disc, remove the cover, place the ignition switch in ACC position and press the (EJECT) button.
- Insert the update disc.
MAZDA6 (2006-08), MAZDASPEED6 (2006-07), MAZDA5 (2006-07)
MAZDA3 (2006-09), MAZDASPEED3 (2007-09), RX-8 (2006-08)
- MAZDA6: The main unit is under the passenger seat.
- MAZDASPEED6: The main unit is in the trunk under the rear deck.
- MAZDA3, MAZDASPEED3 & MAZDA5: The main unit is in the glove box.
- RX-8: The main unit is in the center console.
- To eject the current disc, place the ignition switch in ACC position and press the EJECT button.
- Insert the update disc.
Navigation DVD Updating Tips
- The map disc cannot be inserted or ejected while the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Condensation may form on the optical lens or the map disc inside the unit when the temperature in the vehicle increases in a short time such as when heating the car on a cold day. This condensation may cause malfunctions. If so, unload the map disc and do not operate the unit for approximately 1 hour. Wipe the condensation off the map disc with a soft cloth.
- If the unit does not operate correctly after 1 hour, consult an Authorized Mazda Dealer.
- Do not attempt to copy an original SD card or DVD as this may cause content to erase.
Use a dry, soft cloth to wipe from the center outward.
Cautions for cleaning
Never use solvents such as benzene and thinners, they could mar the surface of the unit.
Updated Map disc
Map discs are updated on an annual basis (typically at the beginning of each calendar year). To order an updated disc, click on ORDER DVD.
How to hold the disc
- Do not touch the underside of the disc.
- Do not scratch the disc.
- Do not bend the disc.
- When not in use, keep the disc in the case.
Inserting the disc
- Insert the disc label side up.
Do not leave discs in the following places:
- Direct sunlight
- Near car heaters
- In dirty, dusty and damp areas
- On seats and dashboards
THIS PRODUCT IS A CLASS I LASER PRODUCT. HOWEVER THIS PRODUCT USES A VISIBLE/INVISIBLE LASER BEAM WHICH COULD CAUSE HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE IF DIRECTED. BE SURE TO OPERATE THIS PRODUCT CORRECTLY AS INSTRUCTED. USE OF CONTROLS OR ADJUSTMENTS OR PERFORMANCE OF PROCEDURES OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED HEREIN MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE. DO NOT OPEN COVERS AND DO NOT REPAIR YOURSELF. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED PERSONNEL.